Moments after Beltran stepped down as New York Mets manager, the account tweeted on Thursday 'I have pictures from locker [sic] I will keep for a rainy day.
The New York Mets have not come to a decision about the future of manager Carlos Beltran after the former player was implicated in Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred's report on the Houston Astros' sign-stealing scandal published earlier this week, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post.
Still, the move came as a surprise to Major League Baseball fans, and, of course, there were plenty of jokes about Beltran's undefeated record.
No players were disciplined, but the nine-page report said Beltrán was among the group involved in the team's illicit use of electronics to pilfer signs during Houston's run to the 2017 World Series championship.
Beltran, 42, played for the Mets from 2005 to 2011.
"I couldn't let myself be a distraction for the team". We believe that Carlos was honest and forthcoming with us.
When asked if the commissioner's ruling had any impact on his status or the way the Blue Jays' view his future, Atkins replied: "I can't comment further on the investigations that potentially may be ongoing or not". The report led to the suspensions and eventual firings of Houston manager AJ Hinch and general manager Jeff Luhnow.
"Over my 20 years in the game, I've always taken pride in being a leader and doing things the right way, and in this situation, I failed", Beltran told ESPN's Marly Rivera in a secondary statement.
"We met with Carlos last night and again this morning and agreed to mutually part ways", Mets COO Jeff Wilpon and general manager Brodie Van Wagenen said in a statement. He was hired by the Mets in November; it was his first coaching position since retiring as a player in 2017. Seven of those seasons came with the Mets.