We are looking for a Scientific Officer (Outreach & Education) to help in the museum!
Department: Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
Reference No: LKCNHME&P2
Post Date: 4 Aug 2014
Close Date: 31 Aug 2014
The Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum (LKCNHM) is Singapore’s only natural history museum and is located at the National University of Singapore. We are looking for an individual who will be part of the museum’s outreach and education team. The candidate will be responsible for marketing, organizing and delivering museum’s education and outreach programmes to schools, public and corporate groups.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct gallery tours, workshops, guided nature walks and other education and outreach programmes
- Develop education and outreach programmes
- Market education and outreach programmes
- Manage enquiries, events and perform basic administrative duties
- Curate and maintain the museum’s teaching collection
- Write nature publications, including blogs
- May involve participation in research work and field trips/expeditions
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science from a recognized university, majoring in Biology, Zoology, Botany or equivalent
- Good knowledge of biology, nature and Singapore and Southeast Asian biodiversity
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Able to teach all levels of students and members of the public
- Must be able to work on weekends and public holidays, and at late or very early hours
- Familiarity with basic computer programmes such as Microsoft Office and Google web apps
- Willing to learn and have a passion for nature and the environment
- A valid Singapore driver’s license and the ability to swim proficiently will be an advantage
For more information and to apply, visit the Career@NUS page.