The Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum (LKCNHM) of the National University of Singapore invites applications for a Museum Officer position. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and passionate about specimen-based research of Southeast Asian biodiversity and educating NUS students on environmental issues affecting Singapore and the region. As such, we are looking for a responsible and reliable good communicator who is a multi-tasker and team player. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will develop a strong research programme on Southeast Asian biodiversity and will be responsible for expanding and curating a section of the marine invertebrate collection. Candidates with research experience in marine invertebrates will thus be preferred.
- The successful candidate may also have undergraduate teaching responsibilities in the College of Alice & Peter Tan; this may take the form of modules relevant to his/her interest and experience, (e.g., senior seminar “Environment and Civil Society in Singapore” http://capt.nus.edu.sg/academic-programme/college-modules/senior-seminars-2; ca. 75 contact hours/year), as well as learning opportunities for students outside of the classroom.
- Perform service for the museum, which includes outreach, fund raising, research management, environmental impact assessment consultancies, etc.
- PhD degree and subject expertise in specimen-based biodiversity research (marine invertebrates)
- Singapore citizenship or Singapore permanent residency (PR) preferred
- Strong English writing and verbal skills
- Documented ability to multi-task and work well in a team
- Work experience in environmental impact assessment, fund raising, conference or workshop organization, museum curation and administration, journal editing, education programme development, research management or administration
- Singapore class 3 driving licence
Candidates are required to email the following: (1) cover letter; (2) application form; (3) up-to-date curriculum vitae including (4) names and contacts of three referees; and the completed NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants to the contact person below:
Miss Tan Kai-xin
Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
National University of Singapore
Deadline for Application
The closing date for applications is 10 October 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be interviewed.