Scientific Manager (Outreach and Education)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively sourcing and securing customers and business for the outreach and educational programmes of LKCNHM.
- Actively sourcing and securing sponsorships from external organisations for the outreach and educational programmes of LKCNHM.
- Manage the Outreach and Education Unit
- Manage and handle enquiries regarding the Outreach and Education Unit
- Working with senior management to develop new and feasible programmes for the LKCNHM (including a paleo-biology programme)
- Manage and conduct existing and new education programmes
- Work closely with the LKCNHM Front-of-House to handle guided gallery tours
- Manage educational webpages on museum’s website and other advertisements on the outreach and educational programmes of LKCNHM
- Recruit and conduct training for volunteers and guides whenever necessary
- A Master’s degree in Science from a recognized university, majoring in Biology, Zoology, Botany or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an educator
- Good knowledge of biology, nature and Singapore and Southeast Asian biodiversity
- Experience in a museum or public attraction, business development, public relations and marketing experience will be an asset. Must be able to work on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), public holidays, and irregular hours as and when required.
- Able to work independently, possess good problem solving skills, resourceful, and crisis management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively
- Possesses ability to effectively and professionally communicate at all levels, both verbal and written wise
- Demonstrated strong leadership, organizational and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle fast paced environment with many unpredictable developments and rapid changes
|Job Function :||Executive / Professional|
|Job Location :||Singapore-Kent Ridge Campus|
|Job Type :||Full Time|
|Work Experience :||5|
Only short listed candidates will be notified.