The Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum (LKCNHM) of the National University of Singapore invites applications for the Museum Officer position. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and passionate about specimen-based research on Southeast Asian biodiversity and educating NUS students about the biodiversity of Singapore and the region. As such, we are looking for a responsible and reliable good communicator who is a multi-tasker and team player. Salary and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will develop an internationally competitive research programme on Southeast Asian biodiversity and will be responsible for the curation and development of a section of the museum’s collection.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and teaching one university-level module on biodiversity as well as helping co-teaching another module when necessary.
- Perform service for the museum, which includes outreach, research management, consultancies, etc.
- PhD degree and expertise in specimen-based taxonomic or systematic research
- Preferred areas of specialization are marine or terrestrial invertebrates (including insects)
- Singapore citizenship or Singapore permanent residency (PR) preferred
- Strong English writing and verbal skills
- Documented ability to multi-task and work well in a team
- Experience in applied biodiversity research (e.g., consultancies), conference or workshop organization, museum curation, journal editing, research management or administration
- Track record in specimen digitization, digital taxonomy, and/or collection data-basing
- Singapore class 3 driving licence
Documentation Required For Museum Officer
Candidates are required to email the following: (1) cover letter; (2) personal particulars form; (3) up-to-date curriculum vitae, (4) research statement (2 pages), (5) teaching statement (2 pages), (6) names and contacts of three referees, and (7) completed NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants to the contact person below.
Miss Kho Zi Yi
Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
National University of Singapore
Deadline for Application of Museum Officer
The closing date for applications is 13 November 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be interviewed.
|Duties & Responsibilities
(Please state Qualification, Years of Experience, Knowledge & Skills required.)
For more information and to apply for the Scientific Manager position, visit the Career@NUS page.
LEE KONG CHIAN NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM
FACULTY OF SCIENCE, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE