We are looking for a Scientific Officer to join our Outreach and Education Unit (OEU).
- Bringing in revenue to LKCNHM through conducting outreach and educational programmes and work with Museum Development Manager to develop, secure sponsorships from external organisations and execute sponsored educational programmes. Target revenue is to cover own salary, and an additional 20% overheads for LKCNHM.
- Coordinate and conduct gallery tours, workshops, guided nature walks and other education and outreach programmes
- Assist in developing and marketing education and outreach programmes
- Manage enquiries, events and perform basic administrative duties
- Curate and maintain the museum’s teaching collection
- Write nature publications, including blogs
- May involve participation in research work and field trips/expeditions
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science from a recognised university, majoring in Biology, Zoology, Botany or equivalent.
- Preferably 2 years of relevant experience in teaching, conducting workshops and guiding field trips
- Good knowledge of biology, nature and Singapore and Southeast Asian biodiversity.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Able to teach all levels of students and members of the public.
- Must be able to work on weekends and public holidays, and at late or very early hours.
- Familiarity with basic computer programmes such as Microsoft Office and Google web apps.
- Willing to learn and have a passion for nature and the environment.
- A valid Singapore driver’s license and the ability to swim proficiently will be an advantage
Job: Executive & Professional
Schedule: Full time – Fixed term (Contract)
Application will end on 31 May 2016. Interviews will be held from mid-June onwards.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.