We are looking for a Scientific Manager to join the Outreach and Education Unit (OEU).
- Actively sourcing and securing customers and business for the outreach and educational programmes of the Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum (LKCNHM).
- Actively sourcing and securing sponsorships from external organisations for the outreach and educational programmes of LKCNHM.
- Manage and lead the Outreach and Education Unit (OEU) to coordinate and conduct gallery tours, workshops, guided nature walks and other education and outreach programmes
- Manage and handle enquiries regarding the OEU
- Working with senior management to develop new and feasible programmes for the LKCNHM
- Manage and conduct existing and new education programmes
- Work closely with the LKCNHM Front-of-House to handle guided gallery tours
- Manage educational webpages on museum’s website and other advertisements on the outreach and educational programmes of LKCNHM
- Recruit and conduct training for volunteers and guides whenever necessary
- May involve participation in research work and field trips/expeditions
- Preferred Master’s degree in Science from a recognised university, majoring in Biology, Zoology, Botany or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an educator (relevant experience in teaching, conducting workshops and guiding field trips), with proven leadership experience.
- Good knowledge of biology, nature and Singapore and Southeast Asian biodiversity.
- Experience in a museum or public attraction, business development, public relations and marketing experience will be an asset. Must be able to work on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), public holidays and irregular hours as and when required.
- Able to work independently, possess good problem solving skills, resourceful, and crisis management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to lead and supervise effectively.
- Possesses ability to effectively and professionally communicate at all levels, both verbal and written wise.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, organizational and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle fast paced environment with many unpredictable developments and rapid changes.
Job: Executive and Professional
Schedule: Full-time – Fixed Term (Contract)
Application will end on 13th July 2016. Interviews will be held from end July.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To apply, go to: https://nuscareers.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=003L9&lang=en