We are looking for a full-time Scientific Officer to work on our in-house publications.
The Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum (LKCNHM), which is located in the National University of Singapore, is Singapore’s only natural history museum. We are looking for a self-motivated and hands-on individual who is responsible for copy-editing and publication of the museum’s scientific and general publications, which includes manuscripts for the Raffles Bulletin of Zoology, Nature in Singapore, LKCNHM eBooks, etc., as well as brochures and museum newsletters. The officer also is to provide administrative support in the handling and processing of manuscript submissions, and manage the online resources and publicity for the museum’s publications.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (i.e., Life Sciences, English, Journalism).
- Very good command of the English language.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented approach to work.
- Good knowledge of scientific writing (organismal biology) is an advantage.
- Adept at use of basic software such as MS Word and Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, website management (some experience with blogging).
- Able to maintain a professional standard of work, even with looming deadlines.
- Works well in a team.